Today we’re going to focus on the “E” word: ELIMINATE.
I talk to a lot of fitness pro’s who have WAY too much on their plate!
It’s no wonder that people feel stressed out and overwhelmed.
It’s not that they are running out of time in the day, it’s just that they are spending too much time on the WRONG things.
And check this out…
Tim Ferriss says, “Being busy is a form of laziness…lazy thinking and indiscriminate action.”
Interesting perspective, and I love it.
I have to regularly pay close attention to this myself!
I do a mini-audit of my to-do list each week.
In fact, every Sunday, I look at my list and the FIRST thing I do is get rid of anything that isn’t essential to moving my business forward.
I challenge you to take a hard look at your task list.
Your challenge today is to eliminate FIVE things from your “to-do” list or schedule that are NOT moving your business forward.
Not only will it help reduce anxiety and stress, but it will free up valuable head space so you can focus on things that are more important and things that create more leverage.
And since we’re talking time management, here are a few quick tips that save me time:
1. Stop the trips to the post office…. schedule pick-ups instead. (also think mobile bank deposits instead of driving to the bank.)
2. Never schedule meetings more than 30-60 minutes. (always have an end time.)
3. On phone calls that you know can drag on, as soon as you start talking, let them know you have only “x” amount of time to talk.
4. If people snag you and ask you 5 million questions after class, simply let them know you have an appointment you have to get to, but to have them email you the question and you’ll be sure to get back to them. 9 times out of 10 they won’t email you.
5. If you don’t have email FAQ’s answer scripts, you’re wasting valuable time. Write out a list of your top 10-20 most asked questions that you get via email and write out your answers. This way, you’ll just simply copy and paste your answer and customize where needed. Saves a TON of time.
That’s about it for now!
Now go start getting rid of unnecessary tasks 🙂
Make it a productive day,
P.S. You up for the challenge!? Shoot me an email back and let me know after you’ve gotten rid of 5 things 🙂