Last week, my team and I hosted a LIVE, 2024 Q1 Planning Workshop for our Content Club members.
You might be surprised, but this session had NOTHING to do with content and EVERYTHING to do with creating an exciting, authentic personal and professional vision for 2024.
We had some amazing discussions and LOTS of epiphanies that only come with deep, honest reflection…
So if you’re not a member, weren’t able to make it, or you’ve been putting off your 2024 planning…
Take this as your sign to use these last few days of the year to PLAN!
If you need a boost, here are 5 key takeaways from our session:
- Start your planning with gratitude and celebration. It’s easy to go into a planning session aiming to fix all of the things that went “wrong” in 2023… and all the things you’re going to do differently in 2024. Instead, take a few minutes to reflect on what went RIGHT and what you’re grateful for so you’re going into your planning with a clear head. Vision and planning take creativity. Remember… you can’t be creative and dream in a state of stress or overwhelm!
- Create what’s right for YOU — because no one else’s vision matters. It’s far too easy to get caught up in the hype of what other coaches in your space are doing. Something sounds good, so you start making some slight changes here some small shifts there. The problem is that these small changes add up, and before you know it, you could be building someone else’s business model. I highly recommend “unplugging” for a day or two before mapping out your 2024 so you can tune into what truly feels like a fun and exciting vision for YOU.
- Don’t worry about the “how” when you set your targets. You’ll want to set goals that are in that sweet spot between “scary and out of your comfort zone” and “realistic”, but don’t worry about how you’ll hit those goals until you start mapping out the plan to get you there. The reason is that focusing on the “how” right from the start can stifle your creativity and excitement, and you want goals that feel fun and exciting! You can always tweak the “how” — but don’t ever compromise on the target just because you can’t see exactly how you’re going to get there.
- Prioritize FUN. (Because isn’t it time for this!?) I mentioned this in one of my last emails, but since I’ve made FUN my #1 priority, my life and business have become a whole lot easier. So when you plan, plan around what lights you up. For example, if you love coaching clients 1:1, plan to do more of that. Or, if handling all your admin work ISN’T fun, plan to do LESS of that! And so on 🙂
- Block off time on your calendar DAILY, WEEKLY, MONTHLY, and QUARTERLY to revisit your vision. I say this knowing that only a handful of people will ACTUALLY do it… so I challenge you to be one of them. When you spend your time on activities that help your vision come to life —INSTEAD of letting yourself get caught up in the day-to-day busywork, magical things start to happen. ✨ So, give yourself that extra push to do things differently this year. Make this plan your “North Star” and DO NOT get distracted!
Let me know if this was helpful.
The hardest part is just sitting down and doing the work…
So if you haven’t done it yet, set a timer for an hour for today after work or tomorrow before work to get it started.
Now let’s CRUSH 2024!!!
Make it an amazing YEAR,