This post is going to look a lot different than my normal posts…
This is because I need to talk about a mistake I see SO many coaches making right now.
It not only could be affecting your retention rate but also stunting your revenue and profit in a big way.
So here it is: If you’re selling front-end offer after front-end offer to the same people, you are probably making things more difficult in your business than they need to be.
Here’s a pic of what I’m talking about:
This is because you’re constantly having to resell at the end of every offer into the next one.
It’s not only wasting your time and resources to do this…
but you’re also giving your clients too many places to rethink their decision to continue on and question their commitment to their goals.
And if your follow-up process is not iron-tight, people will end up slipping through the cracks.
Not only that, selling FEOs (front-end offers) only sets people up for short-term success.
Health and fitness is a long-term goal and requires a shift in LIFESTYLE … and this doesn’t happen in just 21 days or 6 weeks or even 12 weeks.
While an FEO can be the perfect entry point or a great first step, it’s not the end-all-be-all to help them reach their goals. And that’s why it needs to be positioned as such.
Ideally, your FEOs should only be used:
- in the very beginning of their journey with you
- to keep clients focused as needed throughout the year
- to ascend clients into higher levels of your membership program (think PT Test Drive)
- to bring clients back in after they have canceled their membership
The whole point of an FEO (in the beginning of their journey with you) is to establish confidence and trust.
1) The prospect needs to have the confidence (in themselves) that they can be successful in your program. And…
2) They need to trust that your program will help them get the results they are looking for.
Once the confidence and trust are established, it should be a no-brainer for them to continue on with your longer-term coaching program once their initial FEO is over (NOT another front-end offer).
This can all happen during ANY kind of FEO:
- Goal Mapping Session, Breakthrough Call, Discovery Call, etc.
- Free Trial Class + Success Session
- 5-Day Challenge
- 21-Day Jumpstart (28-Day, 6-Week, etc.)
- 12-Week Program
- and the list goes on
Ideally, you want an evergreen FEO (aka something you can run all year long) to attract people to your program.
But that’s another conversation for another day 🙂
So if you’re selling FEO after FEO after FEO to the same people and you’re NOT hitting your client or revenue goals …
this is probably one of the main reasons why.
I hope this helps give you a little more clarity on how to effectively leverage your FEOs to improve your client retention and revenue #’s.
If you need help with this, just let me know.
Make it a productive day,
Coaching: Fit Pro Accelerator