If you’ve been following me for a while, you KNOW I love systems and productivity.
I also love checklists (don’t judge, you know you do, too!) 🙂
But the real reason I focus on them so much is because it frees up TIME.
I know what it feels like when your business takes over your life. You end up burned out, exhausted, and unhappy.
It almost used to feel normal to me to “fly by the seat of my pants” and be in a constant state of anxiety and stress.
Except it’s NOT normal, and it’s NOT supposed to be that way.
We spend all of our time as coaches trying to help OTHERS live their healthiest and best life possible … and sometimes, our own ends up taking a backseat.
It wasn’t until I became very intentional about where I was placing my attention and how I was prioritizing my time, that things began to change.
Your health and personal relationships HAVE to be a priority for you … otherwise your business will end up taking over your life.
If you can at all relate, this checklist is for YOU.
It has been QUITE a year. The holidays are here …
Take the time YOU need to spend with your family and friends, and prioritize your OWN self-care.
You know the drill, you teach this stuff. So here is my friendly reminder 🙂
The ‘Coaches’ Self-Care Holiday Checklist!
- Have a hard stop at the end of work each day. (That means no work past a certain point.) If you’re realistic about your time, and you work on ONLY what you’re supposed to work on, you’ll get it all done.
- Sleep. Get enough of it. Stay clear of screens and blue light at LEAST an hour before bed.
- Move More. Treat your own workouts like an appointment with a client. Listen to your body, and make sure you’re moving it every day.
- Posture Check. Most of you have been spending more time behind your computers lately – keep an eye on your posture – you know how important it is.
- 80%+ Healthy Eating. No mindless snacking while you work. Eat intuitively. Stay away from the junk – you need to control your energy level throughout the day. Your community needs your help more than ever- and they need you at your best!
- Write It Down. Get your to-do list out of your head. The less you have to remember, the better.
- Don’t Over-Commit. Say no more often.
- Prioritize. You can’t do it all. Commit wisely.
- Reduce Stress. (all of the above and below will help!)
- Buffer. Give yourself enough space and downtime.
- Daily Inspiration. Do something that inspires you daily – personal growth, read, listen to a podcast, do whatever you need to stay focused and inspired.
- Meditate & Breathe. It’s a great way to clear your mind and bring your body into a parasympathetic “rest and digest” state.
- Quit the Guilt. You can’t do it all, so don’t try to! And don’t feel guilty about it!
And here’s the big one – especially over the holidays:
- SET BOUNDARIES. A HUGE source of stress can actually be brought on by not setting clear boundaries! I did an entire blog post about it here <<
I hope this mini-list gave you some nuggets to focus on so you can show up as the best version of yourself FOR yourself, your friends & family, and your business!
Remember, you can’t pour from an empty cup.
You’ve got a LOT of people to help in the New Year, so make sure you’re rested, recharged, and ready to go!
Have an amazing rest of your day!