It’s more important than ever to pay attention to what we’re spending our time on… and what we’re NOT spending it on.
If you’re not careful, you can easily get caught up in the day-to-day, never-ending rabbit hole.
Even worse, putting your own priorities on the back burner to accommodate what everyone else WANTS you to do.
Just a small “can you jump on a quick call today?”, or an “I need help right now” email from a client there … adds up really quickly to you saying “Ugh, I guess I need to get to that high-priority task tomorrow.”
You may already know the Jim Rohn quote: “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.”
Well, it’s true, and it has happened to the best of us.
But THIS YEAR if you haven’t been diligent about setting boundaries in the past, NOW is the time.
You’re not a jerk for telling someone “no” or “not right now.”
I know you love your clients, as I do mine!
You’re actually doing yourself AND your clients a DISSERVICE if you say “yes” but end up having to make compromises on your personal time or agenda.
2021 is a time to get FOCUSED, set better boundaries, and move forward with your most important work that can create the most impact and joy.
2021 is a time to be PROactive rather than REactive.
2021 is a time to FOCUS on the most important tasks in your business:
– What will create the most leverage?
– What will create the most impact?
– What will create the most fulfillment?
Boundaries will help you prioritize your tasks, get more done, AND help you to serve your clients and team at a higher level.
What BOUNDARIES do YOU need to set, to make sure your vision comes to life?
Here are some great questions to ask yourself that’ll help you maximize your time and productivity:
- What is the highest and best use of your time? (and are you doing at least 1 thing each day to move your business forward)?
- Have you blocked off your non-negotiable time each day to get this #1 task done?
- Are you doing tasks that can be delegated, automated, or even eliminated?
- Do you have real clarity on what you want to accomplish in your business this year?
- Are you time blocking your schedule?
- Are you actually sticking to your time blocks? (this also means NOT checking emails or FB when you’re supposed to be doing something else.)
- Are you effectively estimating how long it will take to achieve certain tasks?
- Are you letting your clients or others dictate your schedule?
- Do you close your office door when you’re in the studio, to limit interruptions?
- Do you need to NOT go into the studio to be able to get more “focus” time done?
- Do you need to rearrange your class schedule to free yourself from coaching during your most “productive” time of day?
- Do you need to say NO more often? (My default answer is NO. There has to be a compelling reason for me to say “yes.” Took me a while to get there, but it was one of the most productive shifts I’ve ever made.)
Spend a few minutes really thinking about these questions today. Remember- aim to get 1% better every day.
What’s ONE thing you can do today that will help you follow-through with your vision?
Do you need to put any new boundaries in place?
Remember: you’re not setting boundaries to shut out your clients or team …
you’re creating them so you can serve them at an even higher level.
Hope you find this helpful!
Make it an amazing day!