Ever feel like your social media content is a shot in the dark, hoping it’ll resonate with your audience?
Turns out, you don’t have to leave it to chance.
In my last post, we talked about how to use your audience insights to craft compelling copy for your marketing efforts (and I even shared a few examples).
Today, we’re going to take it a step further and show you how to fine-tune your social media content to make it irresistible to your audience.
Ready to create content that your audience will love (and share)? ✍️
Here are three tried-and-true ways to help get the job done:
- Mirror Their Language: Use the words or phrases your audience repeatedly uses in their responses, comments, DMs, or conversations. This will help you create content that “speaks their language” and makes them feel seen and understood.
- Tackle Their Challenges Head-on: Identify the EXACT struggles your audience faces and create content that offers solutions, tips, or encouragement related to those specific issues. This way, your audience will not only engage with your content but also view you as a valuable resource.
- Tailor Content Formats: Pay attention to the types of content your audience engages with the most. Are they more into videos, images, or text-based posts? Focus on creating content in their preferred format to boost engagement and shareability.
Let’s circle back to the example of an online coaching business for perimenopausal and menopausal women from my last post.
Here’s how you could apply these tips to your social media content:
- “Mirror Their Language” In Action: Use phrases like “heal with food,” “natural transition,” and “hormone-balancing” that resonate with your target audience.
- “Tackle Their Challenges” In Action: Create specific content around topics such as “5 foods to help you sleep better during perimenopause” or “Exercises to boost your energy levels during menopause” or “How to manage hot flashes without medication.”
- “Tailor Content Formats” In Action: If your audience loves videos, consider creating more short, informative clips on hormone-balancing recipes or yoga routines for menopausal women. Finding that they love and share infographics? Create more of them showcasing hormone-friendly recipes or self-care tips for menopausal women.
You get the idea!
When you use your audience insights to tweak your social media content, you’ll create a stronger connection with your followers and improve the overall effectiveness of your marketing efforts.
It’s time to stop guessing and start creating content that speaks directly to your audience’s needs, desires, and preferences!
Here’s to more engaging social media content,