Do you know what your clients are thinking?
Maybe. But maybe not!
The best way to REALLY find out is to ask them.
That’s why I love doing an end-of-year client survey every December.
If you do it right, you’ll get solid feedback to guide your decisions for the upcoming year.
A properly crafted survey will:
- Let you see your business through the eyes of your clients (stop guessing!)
- Pinpoint areas that need tightening up or adjusting
- Highlight opportunities for new programs or services
- Help you increase retention AND boost referrals
I have a few tips and tricks you can use to make your survey successful …
but the most important thing you can do is make sure you ask the right questions, so you get QUALITY answers that you can actually USE.
Here’s a tip: ask a mix of shorter, longer, ranked, and open-ended questions so your members will give you the most valuable input.
Here Are a Few Ideas For Survey Questions:
- Sum up your experience with us in 2021 in ONE word …
- How has being a part of [BUSINESS NAME] made a difference in your life? [OR: What’s the one thing in your life that has changed the most since you’ve joined our program?]
- What specific results have you achieved since you joined [PROGRAM NAME]?
- Overall, how are our coaches doing? (Coaches Names down left column, Ranking across top row: needs improvement, just OK, average, Great, Amazing!, haven’t had that coach yet. Leave a comment box for elaboration “Please give us constructive feedback on how we can improve”)
- In your opinion, what makes [BUSINESS NAME] different from everyone else?
- If a friend was thinking about joining and asked you about [BUSINESS NAME], what would you say?
- If we could add ONE thing to our program in 2022, what would you want it to be?
- What’s missing from our program?
- If you could change ONE thing about our program in 2022, what would it be?
- Is there anything you’re still struggling with to reach your goals? If yes- please expand and let us know how we can help.
- What can we do to make your experience even better in 2022?
- What is your #1 goal for 2022?
Those are just a few ideas …
but the main goal is to look for opportunities for improvement, identify any red flags, and get an overall pulse of how your clients feel about your program.
And one more thing …
Having a survey and actually getting your clients to FILL OUT your survey are two different things 🙂
Later this week, I’m going to share a few tips so that your clients actually fill it out.
Make it an amazing day,