Evergreen Colorado is AMAZING.
I’ve never been to Colorado in the summer before…and it does not disappoint. Deer, elk, bunnies, and birds are EVERYWHERE.
I felt like I was in the Legend of Zelda.
A few friends and I rented out an air b&b and met up in a beautiful mountain home in Evergreen and masterminded.
I was there with the incredible Scott Colby, Brian Devlin, Erik Rokeach, Carrie Kukuda, JR Burgess, and Callie Durbrow.
We spent TIME together to connect and not just talk business…and we drank a LOT of coffee.
We went hiking one day at Echo Lake and one day at Red Rocks. (insanely beautiful)
Erik Rokeach led us in a wonderful guided meditation (out at Echo Lake).
One night, when we were driving back from dinner we looked out to the right and saw about 60 elk grazing on a baseball field. (Of course we had to stop to take a pic – I posted it below!!) That’s something you don’t see every day!
We also drove around like a BOSS in our rented mini-van! (we’re sooooo cool)
Great times- and a trip I’ll remember forever.
I wanted to share a few of the insights I had from my trip:
1. Attend Events, Conferences, and Workshops. I NEVER would have met any of these incredible people if I didn’t get out of my comfort zone and go to conferences. I met everyone single one of them out at an event.
2. Choose your 5% WISELY. “You’re The Average Of The Five People You Spend The Most Time With” – Jim Rohn. Spend time with people who challenge you to be your best, support you, value growth, and are awesome to hang out with.
It’s so important to build relationships with people who truly care about you and understand your drive and what makes you tick as an entrepreneur.
Being an entrepreneur can be lonely sometimes – even if you’re surrounded by your clients, your team, and your family. Not a lot of people can connect with you at an entrepreneurial level.
Make sure to find people you trust who are ALSO business owners and entrepreneurs. You’ll all help each other thrive.
3. Connect with Nature. We took the time to go hiking in one of the most beautiful places in the world. It’s grounding, get’s you out of your own head, and floods you with a feeling of connection to the world.
It’s too easy to get stuck inside or behind your computer. How many times have you been to a conference or event where all you saw was the inside of hotel conference room? I’ve done this all too often.
You probably travel to some INCREDIBLE places! Take an extra day at each event if you can (once the event is over) to reflect on what you’ve learned and get outside and experience the beautiful world around you.
Also- make it a regular part of your week. There’s nothing like it.
4. Meditate Daily. Funny enough, every single one of us meditates daily. We didn’t know this until we all showed up and talked about it. We believe this is one of the keys to our success.
If you don’t already meditate, start with just ONE minute a day. Watch how it transforms your life.
5. When you’re TRULY yourself, you’ll attract the right people into your life. It was no accident that we were ALL on the same page at the same time.
If any of us were putting on a front or trying to be someone other than who we truly are, we wouldn’t have been able to connect at the level that we did.
6. It’s NOT about the all of the latest tactics or strategies. It’s about being AUTHENTIC and being YOURSELF. There’s no shortage of information or people who do what you do out there.
Know your message and what kind of impact you truly want to make in this world.
If you’re genuine about helping others, focused on walking the walk, are truly authentic, and are clear about what you want….then you have no choice but to become WILDLY successful.
7. We ALL go through it sometimes. New Levels, New Devils…right?
The path to greatness comes with its own set of challenges and obstacles. We’re here to grow. Growth ONLY happens when you push past levels you’ve never been before.
Growth happens in unknown territory. It can be scary and hard to navigate. The key to success is perseverance, trust in yourself, and commitment to your message.
8. It’s ALL about where you’re placing your energy and attention.
If you focus on the struggle, you’re attract more struggle. If you focus on your outcome and on abundance, you’ll achieve success MUCH faster.
FOCUS on the lessons learned instead of the pain.
You are capable of achieving ANYTHING you want in this life. Never forget that.
9. Ok- one tactic tip 🙂 I’m going to test out Voxer to help with my email support. I get a LOT of email each day. To try to save time, I’m going to try live voice communication to handle support questions for the people in my 8-week coaching course.
I hope at least one thing in this list has resonated with you and helped you to gain a little more clarity.