I have a jam-packed post for you today that you are definitely going to want to save for future reference!
Fall is by far one of the busiest times of the year in the fitness / health industry.
That means it’s super important to set aside time RIGHT NOW to plan out the next few months … and then set aside even more time to take ACTION!
PLAN and ACT.
Unless you actually follow through with your planning, even the best ideas in the world won’t make a difference.
That’s why your CALENDAR and YOUR SCHEDULE are going to be your most important accessories for the next few months.
I’m going to lay out a simple 5-step strategy to help you map out a game plan….
So you can actually GET IT DONE! Ready to get going?
Let’s do this! Grab your calendar and some paper and let’s get started.
1. Block Off Your PERSONAL TIME Through December 31st, 2019.
With the busyness of the fall and the holidays, our own personal lives can take a backseat unless we’re intentional about how we’re spending our time.
This is why I actually recommend blocking this off FIRST! What days will you be blocking off for family time? When are you going to get your haircut? When are you going holiday shopping? When will your own workouts be? etc.
Write down and BLOCK OFF all the things. I’m talking about everything from now through December 31st! (you can even go through the first week of 2020 if you’re an overachiever 🙂
When you do this first, and then schedule in everything else AROUND your personal and family time, your business will fit in around your schedule and it won’t end up consuming your life. (this is the KEY to avoid burnout!)
Make a list of everything you want to do in your business through the rest of the year.
This is on top of being consistent with your regular systems (social media marketing, bookkeeping, etc.).
Here are some ideas to get your wheels turning … you don’t have to do ALL of these things or even ANY of them … just do what makes sense for you, your clients, and your business:
- Thanksgiving Workout – Will you be hosting one? Now’s the time to start planning for it!
- Holiday 5k Races – a perfect way to get your clients and prospects out and moving their bodies over the holidays! The Jingle Bell 5k’s and New Year races are always a lot of fun.
- Host a holiday party/open house – GREAT for building community and seeing each other in regular clothes. 🙂
- Benefit workout(s) for local charities – A fun way to build even more community while doing good! I LOVE the Basket Brigade. It’s amazing to collect donations and help deliver Thanksgiving meals to families who can’t afford it on their own.
- Transformation challenge(s) – If you start ASAP you can host a challenge that wraps up before Thanksgiving … or run a short “Hot for the Holidays” challenge between Thanksgiving and Christmas to keep everyone on-track.
- Holiday-Themed Special Offers – What promos are you running for Black Friday and the Holidays? Create bundles of clothes, supplements, etc. that you can use as upsell for training or new memberships.
- Holiday Gift Certificates – Make sure these are ready to go and you’ve got them printed ahead of time.
- Client Holiday Cards & Gifts – What are you going to surprise your clients with this holiday season? Time to start ordering these very soon! Be on the lookout for ideas from me in the near future 🙂
- Team Holiday Gifts / Bonuses – Are you giving your team a holiday bonus or a personal gift? Now is the time to start making some decisions!
- Holiday Recipe Book – You can create a healthy holiday recipe book from scratch, or get your clients to give you their fav recipes. You can sell it to benefit a charity or use it as a downloadable freebie or bonus. It’s also great for building community!
- Holiday Schedule – When are you open? When are you closed? Make your decisions NOW so you don’t have to figure this out last minute.
3. Involve Your Team!
Have a little brainstorming party with your team at your next team meeting to include them in coming up with your holiday ideas!
This will boost morale much more than than just announcing a finalized schedule. Tip: have some ideas and a timeline in mind before the meeting about what you are planning so you don’t end up in the weeds!
Your team is an integral part of your community and they might have some ideas you haven’t thought about yet … or affordable ways to take things to the next level.
4. Finalize Your Ideas & Create Your Schedule.
Now that you’ve got all of your ideas, it’s time to make your final decisions and then create your rollout plan to make it happen. Which ideas will have the biggest impact? Don’t overcommit. Make a plan you feel GREAT about.
FIRST – create your rollout plan for each idea you want to bring to life. You know that I love checklists for this, but use whatever works best for you!
SECOND – what can you DELEGATE? Take a look through your checklists and highlight everything you want to delegate, and then make it happen.
THIRD – everything you’re not delegating is left for YOU to do! If it seems overwhelming, tone it back. No need to feel overwhelmed!
FOURTH – Break up all of your tasks into time blocks, and get it on your calendar!
Here are just a few mentions to help you stay on track:
- Set your business’ holiday schedule and note the specific team meeting that you’re letting your team know ahead of time. When are your emails going out to your clients, etc.
- Set the date for your Holiday Party (rent a venue if necessary), and detail out a list of everything you need to make this happen.
- Finalize dates for the charity workout(s) and contact the charity to find out what they most need.
- Plan the particulars for special workouts, and your holiday classes, etc. We had hugely successful workouts on both Halloween (pumpkin workout!) and Thanksgiving morning (gratitude workout) that everyone looked forward to each year!
- Pull together resources for the fall fun run teams if you’re participating.
- Make a timeline for your transformation challenges, and get the wheels in motion for setup, marketing, etc.
- Create your packages/upsells for your holiday specials if you plan to offer any, and have them ready to go so you’re not rushing at the last minute.
- Create gift certificates/gift cards.
- Order your client gifts or holiday cards.
- BONUS: While you’re planning ahead, set a date on your calendar to start putting together your New Year’s challenge plan.
5. Get it DONE.
This is the MOST IMPORTANT item on this list! Make time every day possible to check some of those to-dos off your action plan.
And when it makes sense, delegate as much as possible. I personally love picking my #1 thing I want to get done each day, and combine it with time blocking, but use whatever method is best for you.
You will be absolutely amazed at how much less stress you’ll feel when you take action toward the future.
Make a commitment to yourself that THIS YEAR…
instead of being overwhelmed with anxiety and flying by the seat of your pants, you’re going to do things a little differently.
You’re going to make sure your personal time is accounted for in your schedule FIRST. You’re going to plan properly and delegate effectively. You’re not going to overcommit.
You’ll have everything under control and you’ll be able to celebrate, be present, and enjoy the season with your family and friends.
How incredible would THAT be?
And if you want one last quick tip- keep everything you’re doing in a notebook or in the cloud. This way, you’ll be able to build your “holiday system” that you can use next year to save yourself a ton of time.
That’s what it’s all about – coming up with a system that works for YOU and YOUR BUSINESS, that you can build on and improve, vs. constantly reinventing the wheel.
I hope you found this hugely helpful.
Make it an amazing day,
P.S. If you’re READY to take your business and life to the next level…. my coaching program may be a perfect fit. You’re never in this alone. I’ll teach you the systems and the processes that’ll help you create more financial AND time freedom in your life.
Here’s the link to find out more: www.FitProAccelerator.com (Please ONLY apply if you’re ready to be pushed out of your comfort zone and take your business to the next level).