I’m back from my trip to Business Mastery! It was a lot different than I expected. Later this week, I’m going to share some of my biggest take-aways and my thoughts about the event with you!
Today, I want to talk about something REALLY important….
You hear ALL of the time how important it is to take MASSIVE ACTION.
And I couldn’t agree more. Without taking action, you’re not going to get anywhere.
However- I do believe there’s a time when you should NOT take massive action or make any big decisions in your business (or life). If you do- you might just end up really far down the WRONG road.
If you’re making decisions or are operating from a place of FEAR or SCARCITY… it will NOT lead you to the results you want. There’s a powerful reason behind this, that I’ll get to in a moment.
First, here are some signs you may be stuck in a scarcity-based mindset:
- You constantly feel like there’s not enough time, money, resources and/or clients.
- You feel overwhelmed by all the things you think you SHOULD do and barely have time to get to things you think you MUST do.
- You are waiting for the perfect situation to line up before you take action.
- You’re stressed, tired, and your motivation is lagging.
- You know something has to change, but you don’t know exactly what it is or how to do it.
One of the best 1-liners I took away from last week is this:
“When you’ve got an abundant and positive mindset, NOTHING is a problem. When you’re in a negative mindset- EVERYTHING is a problem.”
This couldn’t be more true.
Having an abundance mindset is believing that you are created as more than enough, you have more than enough, and more than enough is coming to you in the future. – Scott Epps
If you are focused on what you don’t have or what you’re scared of, you won’t make great decisions in your business. In fact, there’s a good chance you’ll even attract what you’re most worried about.
Instead of focusing on what you DON’T have, focus on what you DO have, and on what’s POSSIBLE.
One of my favorite books is Money & The Law of Attraction (by Hicks). (I recommend the Audible version.)
I’m warning you ahead of time that it’s weird and “woo woo,” but if you need a mindset shift- this book outlines some practical and effective strategies to get there.
So- if you’ve got any big (or small) decisions coming up (and yes- how you spend your time IS a decision)…. then pay close attention to what’s going on in your head, first.
Don’t make any decisions until you give yourself a “mindset check.” If you need a little instant pick-me-up, try one of these:
- Get inspired by nature- go for a hike, go to the beach, get outside
- Feed your soul – meditate or pray
- Work out
- Give more (this action is HUGE!)
- Change up your morning ritual
- Practice gratitude more often
- Go to a high-end hotel and work there
- Listen to your favorite music
- Change your inner circle to include positive people who support you
Your mind, like anything else, needs conditioning.
You need to practice and train yourself to THINK from a place of abundance on a daily basis.
By working from a place of abundance, you’ll take higher quality actions that’ll help you build the business YOU want and deserve.
Make it an awesome and productive day,