Well, it happened.
Everyone around me was sick for the last few weeks… and I thought I escaped… but I didn’t.
I apologize because I wanted to get this email out to you last week, but ended up spending some quality time with my pillow, instead.
Feeling much better now, and ready to rock!
Last week, I promised you that I’d give you a recap of my time at Business Mastery and some of the things I learned there.
Today, I’m going to share a few of the most impactful one-liners that I heard while I was there.
But later this week, I’m going to talk about my single biggest takeaway that I had.
It relates to something called your “threshold of control.” To me, it’s one of the most important factors in your business.
I’ll leave it at that for now, and share more soon. Today, I wanted to share my….
Top 10 One-Liners from Business Mastery:
10. “When you’ve got an abundant and positive mindset, NOTHING is a problem. When you’re in a negative mindset- EVERYTHING is a problem.”
9. “Hunger is the most important ingredient to an extraordinary life.”
8. “Always be ready for EVERY season in business. Remember, you always learn the most when you have to adapt and overcome.”
7. “One of the most important things you can ever do in business, is to know what business you’re REALLY in.” For example: The railroad industry is not in the “railroad business”…. they are in the “transportation business.”
6. “It’s MOST important to manage your state and energy when you LEAST want to.”
5. “There are “high quality” problems and “low quality” problems. Always understand which one you aredealing with. And also, always remember: Problems are a sign of LIFE!”
4. Never negotiate with your mind. (more of a statement than a 1-liner) You tell it who is boss. Don’t let it talk you out of ANYTHING you truly want to do. Build a “muscular mind” so that it always does what YOU tell it to.
3. “We get what we tolerate.”
2. “Business fail when they surpass their “Threshold of Control” and do not make any changes.” (more on this later this week!)
1. To quote Charles Darwin: “It’s not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the ones most responsive to change.”
Food for thought 🙂
Hope you have an amazing and productive day,