Since we’re on a habit kick, I wanted to share some of my PERSONAL habits that I’ve built over the years.
Remember last week when I said: “EVERY result comes down to the habits you’re committed to keeping on a daily basis – the good and the bad.”?
It couldn’t be more true.
I’ve felt the effects of BOTH sides, as I’m sure you have, too.
There have been times when I skipped my workouts (for longer than I’d like to admit).
And times when ate dessert after dinner… every night.
And didn’t drink enough water … and didn’t get enough sleep … and you know the drill.
Not only do you feel like crap, but your productivity, motivation, and focus suffer BIG time.
But luckily, as a health or fitness pro, you already have a HUGE advantage in knowing what a powerful impact personal habits can have on your productivity and success …
… not to mention everything else in our lives.
(So I know this one won’t be a hard sell!)
For me, being consistent with my personal habits – no matter how busy I am – is what allows me to 10X everything else.
Here’s what’s working for me RIGHT NOW:
- Working out 5x per week – no matter what
- Drinking tons of water (filling my water bottle at least 3 times a day)
- Doing something for personal growth EVERY day (right now I’m reading Naval Ravikant)
- I joined a beach volleyball team to get outside and have more FUN – we meet every Thursday
- Meditation at least 5 mins a day (especially when I don’t feel like it)
- At least 2 weekly date nights with my hub (celebrating our 15-year anni next week!)
- Capping coffee at 2 cups a day (currently on an oat milk latte kick)
- Walking Ryder at the park every day (so we can get our sunshine!)
- Bed by 10:30 pretty much every night
- Actually using my standing desk
You know what’s funny?
I had to actually “think” about what my habits were since they have become so automatic.
And that’s the goal, right?
I know what it’s like to be so consumed with work that you “don’t have the time” to work out or get back on track with your habits.
But it’s the same as with our clients … it’s ALL about making it a priority.
Simply showing up energized, clear-headed, and HAPPY will allow you to get WAY more accomplished than dragging yourself through the motions.
→ You already know what you need to do if you’re not already doing it.
What’s the one personal habit you’re going to commit to getting back to?
If you’re up for it, let me know for accountability!
Make it an amazing Friday and weekend,