The end of 2019 is here. I hope you had an incredible year.
2020 is going to be a pretty special year. I can FEEL it. Can you?!
I wanted to end the year with a fun swipe for you. One that you can use to help guide your decisions for the upcoming year.
It’s an End-of-Year Client Survey!
A survey can help your business in SO many ways … it can:
- Let you see your business through your clients’ eyes. (stop guessing!)
- Show you areas that need tightening up or adjusting.
- Open up windows of opportunity for future programs or offerings.
- Help you increase your retention AND boost referrals!
I have a few tips and tricks you can use to make your survey successful … but the most important thing you can do is make sure you ask the right questions, so you get QUALITY answers that you can actually USE!
Here’s a tip: ask a mix of shorter, longer, ranked, and open-ended questions so your members will give you the most valuable input.
Here are a Few Sample Survey Questions:
- Please sum up your experience with us in 2019 in ONE word …
- How has attending our [Program Name] and being a part of [YOUR BUSINESS NAME] made a difference in your life? [OR: What’s the one thing you in your life that has changed the most since you’ve joined our program?]
- What specific results have you achieved since you joined [YOUR BUSINESS NAME] (physical and mental)?
- Overall, how are our coaches doing? (Coaches Names down left column, Ranking across the top row: needs improvement, just OK, average, Great, Amazing!, haven’t had that coach yet. Leave a comment box for elaboration “Please give us constructive feedback how we can improve”)
- In your opinion, what makes [YOUR BUSINESS NAME] different from everyone else?
- If a friend was thinking about joining and asked you about [YOUR BUSINESS NAME], what would you say?
- Is there anything you’re still struggling with to reach your goals? If yes- please expand and let us know how we can help.
- Is there anything we can do to make our program even better?
Depending on your business, add or change out questions related to your programs and services.
Also, if you’re thinking of offering something new, this is a GREAT way to see if there’s a potential market among your current members.
More tips to maximize your survey:
→ Set it up for free using Survey Monkey or Google Forms. Super easy! Then, just send the link out in a newsletter blast and/or share it in your FB group for members.
→ Make participation FUN!
- Set a deadline! Otherwise, they’ll keep putting it off.
- Give them a REASON to fill it out it. Do a drawing from those who participate and give away a free training session, water bottle, supplements, etc. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy!
- Keep the answers anonymous, because you’re more apt to get honest responses.
In just a few short days, you will have a LOT more insight into what’s working (and what’s not), so you can make adjustments.
The more you know about your clients, the better you can serve them.
Have a very happy and safe New Year!!