The easiest way to know what your clients want… is to ask.
That’s why every December, I like to send out a client survey!
If you do it right, not only will you get solid feedback to guide your decisions for the upcoming year…
But you’ll also open up the lines of communication to reach out to clients who may be on the brink of quitting and increase your chances of retention.
An intentional survey can also…
- Give you ideas and language to use in your marketing
- Let you see your business through the eyes of your clients to see what needs tightening up and what’s working well
- And make your clients feel seen and valued!
Of course, a successful survey starts with great questions that elicit QUALITY answers you can actually use.
The best way to achieve that? Ask a mix of shorter, longer, ranked, and open-ended questions so your members will give you their most valuable feedback.
Here Are a Few Ideas For Survey Questions:
- Sum up your experience with us in 2022 in ONE word …
- How has being a part of [BUSINESS NAME] made a difference in your life? [OR: What’s the one thing in your life that has changed the most since you joined our program?]
- What specific results have you achieved since you joined [PROGRAM NAME]?
- Overall, how are our coaches doing? (Coaches Names down left column, Ranking across the top row: needs improvement, just OK, average, Great, Amazing!, haven’t had that coach yet. Leave a comment box for elaboration “Please give us constructive feedback on how we can improve”)
- In your opinion, what makes [BUSINESS NAME] different from everyone else?
- What were you doing before [PROGRAM NAME] that wasn’t working?
- If you were hesitant before you joined, what changed your mind?
- If a friend was thinking about joining and asked you about [BUSINESS NAME], what would you say?
- If we could add ONE thing to our program in 2023, what would you want it to be?
- What’s missing from our program?
- If you could change ONE thing about our program in 2023, what would it be?
- Is there anything you’re still struggling with to reach your goals? If yes, please expand and let us know how we can help.
- What can we do to make your experience even better in 2023?
- What is your #1 goal for 2023?
Those are just a few ideas!
I wouldn’t use more than 10 questions. Anything too long and people won’t do it.
The main goal is to look for opportunities for improvement, identify red flags, and get an overall pulse of how your clients feel about your program.
Many of these answers (with permission) can even be turned into testimonials or used in your marketing language to attract new prospects!
Hope this helps 🙂
Make it an amazing day,
👉 P.S. Having a survey and actually getting your clients to FILL OUT your survey are two different things.
Offering a simple incentive like a freebie or promo code in exchange for answers can help sweeten the deal and encourage more responses.
You could even put everyone who responds into a pool for a special giveaway! Make it fun so people want to participate!
And one last tip … ALWAYS have a deadline for responses … and ALWAYS send reminders. (ok that was two)