I have a practical post for you today that’s filled with tips for making the most of all your marketing efforts.
There’s SO MUCH pressure right now to be “everywhere” (email, blog, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Google, and more!) – how can you possibly do all of it AND run your business?
The trick is to know exactly how to LEVERAGE your time and your messaging!
If you follow the suggestions below, you’ll be doing more than saving time – chances are you’ll see a pretty big upswing in your engagement (and profit).
It all begins with a single piece of content.
Let’s say you write an email about the importance of rest and recovery.
You spend hours researching and writing it, and then finally send it out to your list. You’re proud of yourself for getting it out there but then are quickly on to the next thing.
Once it’s published, you get a few “great article” compliments from your clients… but mostly all you hear is crickets.
Then, you do it ALL over again in a few days (if you’re lucky). Rinse and repeat week in and week out.
Sound like a winning formula?
I don’t think so. Back at the Grant Cardone event, I was at in Miami, I remember he said something really important:
“For each piece of content I create, I try and repurpose it at LEAST 5 times.”
There are so many different ways to leverage your content across multiple platforms.
Let’s take a well thought out email to your list, for example. You can turn that ONE email into:
1. A Meaty Blog Post. I do this for EVERY single email where it makes sense. In fact, this blog post STARTED out as an email! This is a perfect example of me repurposing that content! 🙂
All you need to do is make a few simple edits, add some sweet COPYRIGHT-FREE photos, change up the call to action, and publish it.
2. Videos Everywhere! Write a script (or maybe just a list of talking points if you’re comfortable on camera) and create a Facebook or Instagram Live video (or both!). You also can create a YouTube video. This is a great opportunity to spice up your content and take it to the next level with a longer and more in-depth video.
But you can also flip the script, and turn that longer piece of content into 4-5 DIFFERENT shorter videos!
3. Up the Engagement Ante. Tweak the content for even MORE engagement by asking questions or turn it into a mini-challenge and share it in your Community Facebook Group (if you have one).
4. Ninja Graphics. Use that same content to create quotes or drive home an important point. Resize your pics to fit the various platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Make sure to link back to your blog post on every platform!
And this is just the beginning of what you can do. I didn’t even mention anything about transcribing video, creating podcasts, stripping audio, and more.
Is it all necessary? Depends on the size of your team and what your goals are.
But the MOST important thing that you need to do is build that ‘know, love, and trust’ and keep front-of-mind awareness with your community.
You need to be CONSISTENT and continually focus on GROWING your audience.
As Dan John always says- keep the MAIN THING the MAIN THING.
Simply put… just make sure you are:
1. Consistently putting out great content that connects with your audience in a way that builds trust and solves their problems.
2. Consistently growing your audience.
That’s what it ALL comes down to.
Now, obviously, all of this takes a lot of time and strategic planning. First, you have to come up with topic ideas, then there’s the research, finding time to write, creating the scripts/talking points, graphics the right size for each social media platform, etc.
And the truth is, trying to do all of that on top of running your business can be pretty stressful.
But if growing your business is a priority for you, it’s important that you take control of your marketing ASAP to differentiate yourself from your competitors.
I have personally built multiple six and seven-figure businesses using content marketing as my MAIN strategy!
That’s exactly why I created The Content & Social Media Club.
Because if you’re not doing this consistently… or if you’re ready to take your content strategy to the NEXT level…. or if you’re just ready to finally delegate this insanely time-consuming task to someone else, then you’re in luck!
The Content & Social Media Club is my brand new program exclusively for Fitness Pros and Health Coaches…
and it’s LOADED with fresh, plug-and-play content that you can use anywhere on ANY platform.
You can use it to:
- Grow your email list (lead magnets/opt-ins)
- Nurture your email list (email newsletters!)
- Share on any social media platform (graphics, stories, viral content)
- Create videos (live or prerecorded)
- Use on your website / blog
- And so much more!
It’s all fully rebrandable and customizable, so you can tweak it to fit YOUR niche and brand.
Enjoy your day!