What a week! I hope you KILLED it with your Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales if you had them!
Make sure you take notes on what went well and what didn’t, so you can make the right adjustments for next year.
EVEN BETTER… go right into your 2019 calendar and mark off the dates, deadlines, and ideas for your promo next year while it’s fresh in your mind.
Today, I want to talk to you about something INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT if you use Facebook as part of your marketing strategy.
First, if you don’t use it, you’re missing out on a HUGE opportunity to interact with clients and prospects…
According to some recent stats from Omnicore:
- Facebook accounts for over 42% of monthly social media visits
- There are over 2.23 billion MONTHLY active users (and 1.57 DAILY)
- 72% of online users with incomes more than $75K are on Facebook
- There are more than 210 million from the US alone
- Captioned video ads can increase video view time by an average of 12%
- 85% of Facebook users watch videos with the sound off
The latest studies show that people spend an average of 35 minutes a day using Facebook. (This is up from 20 minutes.) And they’re actively SEEKING OUT engagement and connection!
If you’ve been using FB over the last few years, you’ve seen a lot of changes when it comes to getting your posts in front of people – what’s called Facebook’s “algorithm”.
The algorithm controls what content is presented and how it’s ordered, so people see what Facebook calculates is the most “relevant” to them.
This year especially, you’ve probably noticed that your fan page business posts are showing up less and less “organically” on other people’s news feeds.
Even though that’s not ideal, Facebook is still one of the BEST platforms to get your message out, market your business, build relationships, and engage with your ideal clients and prospects!
This is why I LOVEEEEE Facebook Groups so much!
As long as you’re keeping engagement high, your Facebook groups could be one of the most powerful assets in your business.
It’s important to know that just by having a FB group you’re already ahead of the game… because Facebook recognizes groups as a tool that allows their users to create community and connection (which is one of FB’s main priorities).
However, that doesn’t guarantee your group posts will automatically “show up” in front of everyone who has joined as a member.
The key is to make your group VALUABLE – make it a fun, vital place your members SEEK OUT for information, inspiration, education and motivation!
Here are a few tips to help rock your groups:
1. Post DAILY – offer challenges, recipes, fitness tips, motivational posts, conversation starters, etc. Sharing links to sites outside of FB is OK, but the majority of your posts should be uploaded directly into the group. FB prefers to keep people on their platform.
2. Make It a “Go-to Place” for the latest news, fitness and nutrition updates, and share your opinions!! Put yourself out there and be authentic. People don’t need more “content”…. they need more of YOU and your message! Make it fun and encourage your clients and prospects to visit often so they don’t miss anything important.
3. Get Your Team & Clients Involved – The more they post and interact, the more likely it is that more people will see group posts. Private message people who add value to your group for positive reinforcement!
4. Interact Regularly (or make sure someone else does!) – it’s not enough just to post in the group… you (or someone on your team!) NEEDS to make sure to respond to questions, comments, and provide feedback in a timely manner.
5. Interact OUTSIDE of Your FB Group – If you are FB friends with your clients and prospects, be sure to occasionally “like” or comment on their posts. This doesn’t have to be an everyday thing, but make it a point to interact with them AWAY from the group. Also, don’t forget to wish them a Happy Birthday! (you can delegate this also, if needed) It’s good practice just to do this on a regular basis, anyway.
6. Do Video / Live Videos – Live videos are getting a ton of juice on FB. These don’t have to be super long. Always remember to be adding VALUE. As long as most of your posts are adding value, then you can make 20% or less of your posts (I prefer 10% or less!) with pitch. If video is a part of your strategy- pay close attention to the caption stats above!
7. Give them a GREAT Reason! Give your community a REASON to join your group. Provide resources that are ONLY available as a member, so they have to join your group to get it!
8. Market Your Group – As I mentioned above, make it a priority to grow your group by encouraging your community to use it as a resource. Link to your group from your emails, run ads and encourage your community to invite their friends and family in.
The most important thing you can do is continually add VALUE.
Offer education, tips, fun, recipes, and information that will help your group members. Anything that encourages interaction will go a very LONG way…
This will translate into:
- Much more “front-of-mind” awareness
- Building that “know, love, and trust”
- Creating many more relationships
- GETTING MORE CLIENTS so you can help more people
- AND BRINGING IN MORE REVENUE & PROFIT
Have an amazing day,