Our BRAND NEW plug-and-play men’s challenge is almost here, and we couldn’t be more excited!!!
But before we launch, we want to make sure you’re ready to ROCK this challenge or any other transformation program you decide to run this spring or summer.
Challenges are a great entry point for high-quality clients (like we talked about in my last email)…
But if you’re not careful, a poorly-executed challenge can lead to some serious mistakes that can hurt your reputation AND your bottom line.
So in the spirit of making sure you’re set up for success, I want to share 3 of the biggest mistakes people make when running a transformation challenge:
- Over-pricing or under-pricing your program. Think of it this way: your price should attract ideal clients who can afford to continue working with you, but it shouldn’t be priced so high that you scare people away.
In my experience, pricing your challenge 25% higher or lower (give or take) than the cost of the SAME amount of time in your regular program is the sweet spot.
That means if you’re running a 6-week challenge and your regular membership is priced at $200/month, those same 6 weeks in your regular program would cost around $300.
In that case, you’d want to price your challenge somewhere between $199 and $397.
- Not having your conversion plan in place BEFORE YOU LAUNCH. You should already have a plan mapped out on exactly how you’re going to convert challengers into long-term clients… long before your first client signs up for the challenge.
(More on this in my next post!)
- Not marketing EARLY enough. It takes at LEAST two weeks to build hype and fill your challenge. Marketing too far ahead will hurt urgency and sales, but not giving yourself enough time will make it hard to pivot or adjust if things don’t go as planned.
And let’s face it… your funnel, ads, and marketing emails can take a LOT more time than you think it does to put together!
That’s why I always recommend grabbing our proven marketing bundles that we release with our plug-and-play programs — so you can get your marketing AND challenge ready in a day or two so you have PLENTY of time.
Some other honorable mentions?
- Not having a plan to over-deliver — think surprise gifts, prizes, and hand-written cards
- Not showing your CURRENT members enough love — make it a point to keep checking in or surprise them with something unexpected
- Not tracking or following up with leads — there’s a reason they say “the magic is in the follow-up”…
- Not holding challengers accountable — this is 100% necessary for RESULTS! (It’s also why all of our plug-and-play challenges come with DAILY emails written for you)
And there you have it!
I know it sounds like a lot, but it’s WORTH IT if you can pay attention to these details.
(If you need help staying on track, you can always download my free Challenge Checklist!)
In my next post, we’ll talk about 4 strategies for converting your challengers into your LONG-TERM PAYING CLIENTS, so keep an eye out!
Make it an amazing day,