One of my fav things to talk about in business is about how to over-deliver to your clients and prospects the BLOW them away.
To “Over-deliver” is one of my core values (in business and in life.)
I want to exceed expectations and raise standards.
My goal is that after EVERY interaction with me or my business, whether it’s on the phone, in person, watching one of my videos, reading an email…that people always leave feeling better, more inspired, and more empowered than before that interaction.
When you boil it down, it’s all about adding VALUE to people’s lives. That’s all it is.
One easy and strategic way to do this for your current clients, is to create a complete New Client Onboarding program designed to over-deliver and exceed their expectations!
BEFORE you start building your new client system, you want to put yourself in your client’s shoes.
Pretend that YOU are one of your clients…
a little nervous, not knowing what to expect, and excited about joining this new program that’s going to help you reach your goals.
If you just signed up as a brand new client in your program….
- What would YOU want?
- What support would you like?
- What information do you need and want to learn about?
- How would you want to feel?
- What’s going to BLOW YOU AWAY and make you feel like a million bucks!?
- What would help you to stay on track and keep motivated?
- What would make you HAVE to talk about this new program to your friends and family?
- What would make you INSTANTLY feel comfortable and a welcome part of your new community?
When you do this…you’re already half-way there.
Don’t brush over these questions. If you have a team, this is something great that you can talk about at one of your team meetings.
I wanted to give you an outline of ideas and strategies that you can use to come up with your own new client onboarding process:
1. First and foremost, you need to TRACK. Once you come up with your “system” – you need to create a tracking doc that will make sure that EVERYONE across the board goes through your process in a timely manner.
You need to make sure that emails are being sent, calls are being made, and packages are being mailed….all when they are supposed to be.
Create a separate Google Doc to track your process and add all new clients to it when they sign up. (or use any other software that works for you)
2. Consider a “New Client Orientation.” You can do these monthly, weekly, or whatever works for you.
These can be great for welcoming and educating your new members about your program, introducing them to the fundamentals movements in your workouts, teach them the basics about your nutritional philosophy, empower them with goal setting exercises, setting the expectations, and answering any questions that they may have.
3. New Client Email Nurture Series: This is a 90-day email drip sequence that is delivered to all new members.
It’s a great way to keep members excited and fired up, to educate them, and to continually stay in front-of-mind awareness.
It’s also an automated way to ask for them to leave reviews on Google and Facebook <– gold
You can even make these video-based which will be even more personal! Email out a minimum of once a week.
4. Phone Call & Text Follow-Up Process: Come up with your strategic times that you’re going to call and check-in with your clients. When are you going to send them an encouragement text?
Script out each call. This adds that personal touch and really goes a long way with the client!
5. Measurements & Check-Ins: Create a plan to reassess, update measurements, and check-in with their progress towards their goals!
Your whole program is about delivering results- so you need to make sure that you’re tracking all of this!
6. Welcome Packages & Cards: Consider mailing or giving out a “welcome package” to all new members! This is a great way to exceed expectations and make them feel special!
Plus- it’s unexpected and people LOVE IT! Consider adding things like a tee-shirt, water bottle, food journal, welcome card, info-pack, supplement samples, etc.
7. Private Client-Only Facebook Group: These are INSANELY valuable for client retention, educating, building the community, and sparking conversations.
If you need some killer, done-for-you content for your Private Facebook Group, I happen to know a girl that sells a pretty good one 😉 CLICK HERE
When you start building your new client onboarding process, come at it from the perspective of your CLIENT.
This will help you to better get in touch with what they need and want.
Make it a productive day!