Hope you had an amazing Thanksgiving yesterday!
My husband (Keith) was on shift at the Fire Department, so I had Thanksgiving dinner over at the station. Had a ton of fun.
It’s “Black Friday” and there’s craziness in the air… and Cyber Monday is around the corner!
If you don’t have anything planned out and you still want to run something- it’s not too late.
I’m going to break down 10 different strategies for you to consider in this email.
We’ll talk about different options for your clients, as well as your hot, warm, and cold prospects.
First, if you haven’t watched the 20-minute free training I did for you, check it out here
Second, here are 10 strategies to consider rolling out if they make sense for your business.
Remember My 2 Rules for Promotions:
- ALWAYS have a sense of scarcity AND urgency built in to your offer.
- ALWAYS ask yourself how you can add value to your offer rather than discount. (discounting (within reason) is alright, but as a service professional it’s important to shift your thinking and ask yourself “How can I add more value rather than discount?”)
Black Friday / Cyber Monday for CLIENTS:
1. PAID IN FULL for Current Clients: Have them commit to their goals in 2018 and pay in full. You can offer a slight discount (5-15% TOPS) and think of how you can add value to sweeten the deal:
(Train in December FREE, New Year Challenge FREE, Supplement Bundle, Trip to Vegas, Fit Bit, Blender, PT Sessions, Kitchen Raid, etc.)
2. Holiday Retail / Supplement Bundles: If you have extra inventory to clear out, here’s where I believe it’s totally ok to liquidate and clear out inventory…. especially if you stock supps with closer expiration dates.
3. Give the gift of “Fitmas” Gift Cards: This makes a GREAT gift for clients to purchase for either themselves or for their friends and family for the holidays!
You can sell slightly discounted gift cards or gift certificates, entries into your New Year Challenge, Personal Training Holiday Packages (come up with cool names!), etc. Get creative with this and have some fun!
Black Friday / Cyber Monday for CHALLENGERS:
I have most of my coaching clients running a “Hot for the Holidays” 21-Day Challenge right now. Their new challengers will be starting on this coming Monday. Here’s exactly what I’m recommending to them:
4. “Commit To Be Fit in 2018”: During the FIRST week of their challenge, I recommend offering a special promo for your challengers to commit to their goals in 2018 for either for 6 or 12 months (NOT as a paid in full, but with an EFT commitment)
You can throw in a couple of extras like your New Year Challenge, Supplement Bundle, Vision Board Workshop, SLIGHT discount, etc.
HERE’S THE SECRET SAUCE —-> YOU MUST HAVE RISK REVERSAL built in to your offer.
Here’s a ninja way you can position it:
“Hey Susie, I’m THRILLED to have you join us for our 21-Day Hot for the Holiday Challenge this year! I know this is the start of something AMAZING. Can’t wait to watch you reach your goals of X, Y, and Z and be a part of your journey for the next 21-Days. This is just the beginning for you!
As our big thank for coming in to try us out, we’d like to do something special for you because we want to help you commit to your goals in 2018, and do a little something for the holidays!
[PRESENT YOUR OFFER HERE].
I know you haven’t had a chance to see all of the incredible results since you’re just getting started… that’s why if any ANY point over the next 21 days, if for ANY reason, you’re not 100% confident that we’re not the right fit for you… and you decide that you don’t want to continue on with us in 2018, just let us know and we’ll rip up your agreement. No questions asked.”
Done and DONE! This should be an absolute no-brainer for them. Having your challengers commit within their first week will not only keep them more engaged and committed to the challenge, but it’ll also help prevent that dreaded drop-off near the end of the challenge.
Black Friday / Cyber Monday for PROSPECTS:
People in your target market who you’re NOT currently doing business with are considered prospects.
You don’t want to be hitting these people up with Paid in Full offers- simply because you haven’t built enough trust to put that offer in front of them. You need to build the know-love-trust with them before you earn the right to ask them to pay in full for 12 months 🙂
I suggest starting with something SHORTER-TERM (less risk) for your prospect offers. Here are a few ideas:
5. Social Media Contests: LIVE RAFFLE / FLASH SALE on your New Year Challenge, workshops, seminars, etc.
6. Special Discounts on Apparel / Other Retail
7. Special Black Friday / Cyber Monday Offer to presell your 2018 New Year Challenge (plus you can then upsell them to train in December with you for a discounted rate!)
8. 12-Week “Unstoppable in 2018” Packages: Have them commit to their goals early for 2018 and you can throw in a few bonuses (workshops, discounted December membership, supplement bundle, etc.)
9. Give the gift of “Fitmas” Gift Cards: (see #3)
10. Holiday Supplement Bundles: Special bundles on supplementation… and you can even throw in a 10-minute session to help them customize their package specific to their needs. (also makes a great gift!)
If you don’t have anything planned yet- you’ve still got a little time!
Hope this list helps you a ton in your business 🙂
Now go out and help a lot of people and DOMINATE it this holiday season!!